Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Proposal Story 2

How we met- by Heather Davis


I was living in Florida at the time, enjoying the year round warm weather and sunshine. A friend of mine from Key West had moved back to Michigan and was getting married. She asked me to be a bridesmaid so I came in early so we could have her Bachelorette party on Thursday before the wedding.


She had been telling about her soon to be brother in law. She would tell me that when we met we were going to fall in love and I was going to move to Michigan. My exact word were "there is no way in Hell I am moving to Michigan".


The night of the Rehearsal dinner was the first time I got to spend some time with him and there was an immediate attraction. I was supposed to sneak out and have drinks with a group of the wedding party but couldn't get away. We ended up spending most of the wedding dancing and had such a great time.


The next day he volunteered to drive me to the airport and I missed my flight (oops!) so he turned around and came back and sat with me and we had a few drinks waiting for my flight to leave.


I was back in about 4 weeks for another visit and about 4 weeks after that for another...and so the story goes. Eventually, I did move to Michigan and we have been happily married for 3 years now!!! Thanks again to my Key West friend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great but any spam or advertising will be deleted.