Sunday, June 7, 2009

Real Wedding Inspiration: Libby + Jeremy

Libby & Jeremy

09.06.08


I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE DETAILS OF THEIR SPECIAL DAY.


VENDORS

Cupcake Tower & Small Cake: DeBoer Bakery, Zeeland

Wedding Gown: Casablanca, September's Bride

Bridesmaids Gowns: Watters&Watters, ordered online

Groom/Dads/Groomsmen/Ushers - Bunny Tuxedo, September's Bride

Ceremony: Calvary Reformed Church in Holland Heights

Reception: Boatwerks Waterfront Restaurant on the lawn

Stationery: Sondra's Ink

Photographer: www.clevercreationsphotography.com

Band: Names of James

Florist: Flowers Etc.

Fave part of the wedding decor:

The flowers were absolutely amazing, but our own touches were my favorite aside from that...

1. We had our guests sign antique water skis instead of a guest book. My dad is an antique collector and so the pair of water skis we used for our wedding was from his 10-plus pair collection. I inherited my love of antiques from him and so that was also why it was special to me/us. We moved to Colorado in October and the skis didn't fit in the car. They will be mounted to a wall in our next place though! They turned out awesome!

2. We put the place cards in a large 6' piece of driftwood my mom found on the beach.

We plan to turn the driftwood piece (which we had sawed lines into) into a photo holder...

The wedding was obviously nautical themed...it turned out so AWESOME!

Fave moment of the actual wedding day/night (most memorable):

We didn't see each other before the ceremony, so the moment I entered the sanctuary and caught his eye, I never looked away. All the way down the aisle...I was so happy!

Another of my favorite moments was the "little girl dance". Instead of a wedding party dance, we had our four flower girls dance to "shake your booty" with us and we threw up a bunch of boas and beach balls..

it was SO much fun!

Any advice to future brides?

Enjoy the planning - I had a "no fuss" rule. If we started fussing, we simplified and moved on.

Also, stick to your guns. the "us" details were my favorite and differentiated our wedding from the next.

Last, remember you can aim for perfection but you have to accept that a kid may scream or a bridesmaid may have bad shoes...get over it! It's so much more than that... :)

Any bloopers?

No real bloopers actually! I thought our 4 flower girls could be problematic (2 age 3, 2 age 5) but they were PERFECT! They dropped every petal and were adorable!

But...Jeremy was warm and his hands swelled with nervousness so it took me a bit to get the ring on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great but any spam or advertising will be deleted.